Saturday, 23 December 2006

Nightmare before Christmas.

It's been a funny week this week, with only two days work it should of been fairly easy but of course things never turn out that way. I had a suprisingly easy drive to Portsmouth on Wednesday, and although it was foggy it wasn't too bad. On Thursday however it was a diffrent story. Driving from Portsmouth to Weston, along country roads, in fog so thick you can't see the kerb on the opposide of the road is not fun. Thankfully I made it to Weston relativly unscaved although I did have one or two close shaves.

The day in Weston turned out to be fairly bog standard, untill we reached the last patient, who decided it would be a good idea to arrest. Thankfully training kicked in and within seconds they were fully recovered. Before setting of for home we had a spot of lunch in the 'Rafters' restaurant. It's one of the new style of hospital canteen where everything is cooked-chilled then re heated. It's really beyond belive that after so much bad PR, hospitals can still get away with serving food so bad. I mean some hospitals are pretty good. Take Raigmore in Inverness for example, their food is always fresh and there's such a wide variety.

Anyway rant over, I've got to finish my Christmas shopping tomorrow, and then all being well theres an ice hockey match in the evening. It's Hull Stingrays this time, a team i've never seen before so it should be good.

No comments: