It's been a football match day today and i've not been at work for a change. All in all it was a quiet match with not a lot to do, my collegues in the ambulance service spent most of the time discussing the possibility of landing the air ambulance on the pitch! I have to admit it would look rather cool and would certainly make the front page of the local paper.
Coventry won the match 1-0 thanks to a Colin Cameron penalty, but in truth should of won by more. The Blaze wern't so lucky tonight, losing 3-0 in Belfast. They really need to win tomorrow to stop Belfast pulling away.
Unfortunatly i'll be off to work tomorrow so i'll not make the game at the skydome, but i'm sure someone will text me the result. Talking of travelling to work tomorrow, it's going to be an interesting journey as i'm flying to Dublin on one of my least faviort airlines (Clue: it's not the orange one!). Then i've got to catch the Air Arran hopper service to sligo. I quite like the hopper service as it often feels like you get personal service with the planes being so small.
As i've prevously said in my blog, i've been thinking about not sending cards this yeat. Well i've been thinking about which charity I could give money to instead. There are thousands of charities out there, each with very compelling cases. It's obviosly going to be a very personal decision to me, so I was thinking of what i've seen and done this year. It would be easy to donate money to SJA, or to the British Heart foundation, the two organisations closest to my heart, but to be honest, these are big well known charities. I could also give money to the RSPB, or to the National Trust, as i've experienced the work they do this year.
But after very careful consideration i've chosen the charity C-R-Y, thats Cardiac Risk in the Young. Every week approximatly 8 young people die from undiagnosed heart conditions. Many of these cases recive national media attention, such as that involving the former Coventry City manager, Terry Yoraths' son, Daniel. For me in a proffessional capacity, I don't get to see many cases, but every now and again there is one. It's these cases that make me stop and reflect on the fragility of life, and how cruel it can often be.
If anyone is interested, the web site is here. I'd urge you all to take a look and leave a comment for me on the blog.
No comments:
Post a Comment