What a fantastic film Casino Royale is. I've always been a fan of the Bond series of movies, most of which i've only seen on TV. The first Bond film I went to see at the cinema was Golden Eye. Thinking about it it must of been at the ABC cinema in Plymouth. But anyway I was a bit doubious atbout Daniel Craig playing bond, but having watched the film i'm completly won over. He's easily got to be the best since Sean Connery.
Anyway, without giving too much away, there's a scene in the film where Bond is poisened. Realising this he goes to his rather nice Aston Martin DBS (I want one!) where an array of gagetary allows him to be linked to the 'Q' department. Some technical wizedry later and Bond is diagnosed of having Digitalis poisioning. Of course Digitalis Toxicity is one of the things we look out for at work on ECG's. For those who don't know, Digitalis is your common old garden Foxglove. It's also used for the treatment of cardiac arrhythmias.
Now obviously there's a bit of artistic licence going on, as one of the effects of digitalis, is bradycardia, so what ECG did Mr Bond have? Yup Ventricular TACHYcardia. Ho hum.
Mind you I guess you'd have to be really sad to notice that :-)
Also Mr Bond hasn't done his cpr protocol update, infact had I been his assesor I think i'd of referred him, I mean what's he doing doing 10:2? That's not in the 8th edition!
Anyway in other news, I managed to do two really daft things today. The first was messing about with one of those glow stick things when I had the idea that the glowing fluid could be drained out of the tube. So using the closed sharp object to hand, which happened to be a corkscrew, i proceded to puncher the tube. Unfortunatly this bright green glowing substance spurted out right into my eye. So doing a bit of first aid that is in the 8th edition, i rinsed it out with copious amounts of water. Still at least I can see better in the dark now!
My second daft thing was to lock myself out of the house. As sis is in China I couldn't pop round and get the spair from hers. So I had to call my Dad to let me in. Doh.
Tomorrow i'm off to Portsmouth in the evening then Weston on friday. So probably no blog untill Saturday (Unless somthing interesting happens tomorrow)
No comments:
Post a Comment