Sunday, 26 November 2006

A little bit of the Caribbean in Coventry

Todays sja duty saw the three of us at Coventry Cathedral where the Barbados fellowship were having a thanksgiving service to commemerate the 40th anniversary of their independence. This was followed by refreshments at a local church.

It was an univentful duty with nothing to do. The people there were really nice and treated us well, feeding us with some intresting Barbados grub. It's one of the things I really love about sja, is that you get to be apart of events that i'd never dream of going to.

Well tomorrow sees part 4 of the dentist saga, followed by flying to Aberdeen again in the afternoon, so no blog untill thursday. I'm hoping that Decembers rota will come soon so i'll know what im doing then, but i'm fairly sure i'll not be at the football on Saturday as i'm off to the works conference. It's only near Daventry but i'm going to stay the night on saturday so I can have a drink or two. Not too many though as i've got a suspicion that i'll be flying out to Ireland on the Sunday.

No comments: