Friday, 24 November 2006

Essex Adventure

Woo hoo, it's friday and i've actually got a couple of (relativly) free days to look forwards to. But more about that in a mo. Anyway looking back at yesterday, I have to say it was quite sucessful.

I didn't take part other than taking the ambo to the college, mainly as I was still frozen up from my latest trip to the dentist. So I went in civvies and played on my phone and listened to the radio for the afternoon. I see it as being very positive that we as a division can form strong links with the local community and hopefully we can build on this for the future.

However tonight i'm informed that we broke some kind of regulation in not imforming county. Well this sounds like rubbish to me, the ambulances are ment to be used and if we can improve the image of St. John then I can't see how anyone can complain. I belive that people will not join an organisation with negative attitudes, and by heck sja is negative at times.

But who am I?

I like to think that A&R is different to the fuddy duddy image that unfortunatly blights the organisation and that is due to the fact we have a fantastic bunch of members who want to make things better and who are not content just to sit back. To you, the members of Allesley & Radford you're all stars.

I've been to work today, in Colchester! It was supposed to be Weston Super Mare, but a last minute change ment I had to go to Essex instead. In short it wasn't a bad day, a very slick morning saw us do 7. However the afternoon went a bit pear shaped. It started off ok, and it looked like we'd be out mid afternoon time. But then came a call from A&E that they had a patient requiring an emergency pacemaker!

To cut a long story short, it was one of those trickey cases, that required a lot of concentration, but thankfully worked out ok in the end. I left at 5.20 still with the adrenalin buzz from the last case and had to tackle the A120/M11/A14. Not a pleasent experience!

I've not got much planned this week end, a bit of housework and washing tomorrow, and a duty on Sunday. No ice hockey this week. So untill next time....

No comments: