Friday, 17 August 2007

Start of the season

After yesterdays inspired post, todays will probably seem incredibly dull. Tomorrow sees the first home game of the football season. Despite my concerns at the end of last season we're still in there. I'm really looking forwards to tomorrow which I hope will be the start of great things for the sky blues this season. The summer break has seen many changes within Coventry St John so the football should be different to last year. In fact one of the more noticeable differences is that most of the members who now go are not city fans, and some don't even like football! How strange.

Anyway for the last two seasons I've had the privilege of being controller for St John at the Ricoh arena. It's a role I've enjoyed immensely and one that I've grown into during that time. In an ideal world I'd carry it on, but unfortunately I'm one of the few people who can drive the ambulances. I hope that circumstances will allow me to carry on, but if needs must then i'm not going to be one of these people who throws the teddies out of the pram. I think i've mentioned before that Coventry City Football Club is vital to Coventry St John Ambulance and i'll be there in what ever role I can.

Anyway something smells really nice from the kitchen so i'm off to investigate.

No comments: