There is no denying that St John Ambulance is a very close knit organization with its own highly developed grapevine. Not a lot happens without someone finding out and the news spreading quickly. Most of the time it's tittle-tattle with no real substance, stuff that can be ignored as being irrelevant. Sometimes the grapevine is invaluable as it provides information about who's having a tough time and who needs a bit of extra help and support at certain times.
The grapevine has been in full swing over the last few days and I received information that I'm sure most people would consider tittle-tattle and laugh off. The problem is it's nagging at my conscience. So I have some choices, to act on the information, that I'm fairly certain is true and create one almighty stink, or to let it slide and say nothing.
I've got to say at this point, that it's nothing illegal, and certainly nothing that would ever compromise patient care.
So what do I do? Well what's done is done and neither I nor anyone else can change the past so i'm going to take the easy option, and do nothing. I don't feel happy about it, but in the circumstances it's probably best.
So where from here? I'm sure some people reading this will be thinking that if you believe strongly in something you should act on it. This time I haven't but I hope in the future I will have the courage to follow my convictions through.
No comments:
Post a Comment