Saturday, 20 January 2007

Looking over my shoulder

After last weeks marathon things have been a bit easier this week with just a couple of days in Portsmouth. So quiet in fact that I even got to watch the sky blues less than impressive performance against Bristol City in the FA cup. It was Micky Adams's last game in charge. I know football managers get well rewarded for what they do, but it can't be nice to be in that position. I guess it doesn't matter how much work he did coaching, scouting and trying to get the best out of his players who seemed to lose the ability to play football, he was judged on results and they were poor.

I could never do such a job, it's just so unstable, never knowing whats around the corner.

SJA at the moment is a bit peculiar, I get the feeling that somethings going on that I know nothing about. I get the feeling that I aught to be cautious and choose my words carefully. After all, walls have ears. It's no secret that I've always seen the divisional officers role as a stepping stone to bigger and better things. I am ambitious and want to progress, but this should not be seen as not caring or having commitment to my present role. Nothing could be further from the truth. I wonder if anyone else could do a better job, and who else would apply.

Perhaps I'm just being paranoid and it's all just idle speculation, but there's one thing with St. John, that's expect the unexpected.

No comments: