That's how far I've driven this week, and it's not including the trip to Cardiff last Saturday. It's been one of those difficult weeks where I've travelled the length and breath of the country.
The week started with our sja sector meeting on Monday. Unusually it was a friendly good natured affair, although I can remember being really downhearted at the time to be missing out on the opportunity to go on duty at the speedway in brum. Now not many people know this, but the reason I joined sja back in 1989 was so I could go on duty at the speedway. Anyway, 18 yrs later I've yet to have that chance.
Talking about sja, I kinda feel like I've hit the buffers a bit. Because I've been working really quite hard these last couple of months, I've not been able to attend a couple of requals, so my defib qualification has lapsed. Now I'm quite disheartened by this, and i did make an attempt, as did several others on my behalf to keep up my competence. Sometimes I think those people who sit in their nice little offices don't really understand the fact that not everyone works 9-5 and gets to go home at the end of the day. There just seems to be no allowances made.
So where to now? Well I'm not about to throw in my fleccy jacket, but then work comes first. I don't think I can keep up with the increasing training demand being placed upon me, so something has got to give, or some compromise made. I't going to be tough, whatever I decide, and i'm bound to upset someone.
I'll probably put more on here as it develops.
So yeah, it's been a hard week, but the rest of the month looks not so bad. I even get to go to the football on Tuesday.
No comments:
Post a Comment