Thursday, 19 April 2007

The end of an era - Maybe?

Next Saturday sees the final home match of the football season at the Ricoh arena. If some of the whispers are to be believed, then it could be the final game ever for SJA. I really hope this doesn't happen as the football has been a massive part of my SJA career since the age of 14. I hadn't actually realized it was that long, that's half my life!

It's all a huge difference from the high hopes we all had when the Ricoh opened nearly two years ago. Then we all dreamed of duties at concerts with international bands. Of international sporting fixtures and high profile events.

It was a disappointment when it was announced that we weren't going to be part of the concerts, as a private medical company had been awarded the contract. Not a problem, we've still got the the sporting fixtures. Well it's true we covered one of the England games, but no more. The rugby has gone too. This leaves us with only the Sky Blues games. I wonder if it's anything I've done, or could of done better.

If Saturday is to be our final game, then I'll take away many many memories of triumph and tradegy, and safe in the knowledge that it's stood me in good stead for the future.

No comments: