Saturday, 17 March 2007

My best video

The story behind the video:

I'd not long had my new digital camera, a rather nice Pentax Optio 550. With rembrence day approaching I was asked to take a few pictures that might be useful for a future PR campaign. It was only once i'd got home and looked at the pictures that afternoon that I thought, these are pretty good. So, I put on a random CD, which just happened to be Belinda Carlisle and settled down to a couple of games of solitaire or what ever. It just so happened that I decided to take another flick through the photos at the point that the last track came on. The effect was immediate. I didn't just have a few good photos, I had somthing that had real warmth, real feeling.

The video was made in Microsoft movie maker, as I didn't have anything else at the time and took the best part of the afternoon and evening to make. The eagle-eyed will notice that there's a variation on how long each picture is on for. It's sync'ed with the music!

The last picture of the group took a while to create. That image is actually two pictures spliced together. The first one i took had people walking down the right hand side, and the second had people on the left. So I took the good half of each. Thankfully no-one moved too much.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic! Makes me cry everytime