Thursday, 12 July 2007

The eve of Godiva festival

Tomorrow is Friday 13th. It's also the start of the Godiva festival in Coventry and no doubt a stressful weekend for me. I know it's going to be one of the most challenging few days of my life, but I'm looking forward to it, and relishing the challenge.

I can be assured that there's a great team of people who will work together and help each other out when the chips are down. But i'm not going sit back and let problems arise. I'm intending to be proactive and chip in with everyone else.

I'm sure this reads really badly, but the message and ethos that I will be taking to the festival is that I want everyone there, working to provide the best level of care we can. There is no place for pettiness and no place for ulterior motives. This is a fun event, and i'm going there to enjoy myself as well as to do a job.

I've been thinking about the festival all week, running through 'what if...' scenarios. I think we're prepared for most eventualities. I suppose at this point in time i'd really like to thank all the members who have pledged their support, and who've helped during this difficult time. It's an honor to work with people who are passionate about St. John.

Anyway, that's it for now. I hope i'll be able to update the blog over the weekend with whats been going on.

No comments: